Curtis AG is a subsidiary of Curtis Instruments Inc., headquartered in New York. Curtis AG is one of the company's five Research and Development Centers. The Curtis group is a world leader in the manufacture of motor controllers, display instruments and complete systems for battery-powered vehicles such as industrial trucks, golf carts, electrically powered wheelchairs, etc.
Curtis AG specializes in the development of modular control systems, especially for high-end wheelchairs and rehabilitation vehicles. Curtis AG is a global leader in this technology sector.
Research and Development Center for
- Power electronics and motor control systems
- CANbus based modular systems
- Infrared and Bluetooth environmental control
- Special input devices such as sip-and-puff controls, head controls, "Single Switch" controls, etc.
- Innovative display modules with HD color display
- Intelligent seat control systems with up to 10 channels
- Versatile diagnostic and programming devices as well as mobile apps
- Automated production testers
- Automated validation test system
Brief highlights of the company's history
- 1996 - Acquisition of the Drive Technology Division of Zaugg Elektronik AG and founding of Curtis AG in Obergerlafingen in the Canton of Solothurn.
- 2001 - Relocation to Teltronic AG’s newly-built, modern plant in Biberist, in the Canton of Solothurn.
- 2008 - Introduction of a new organizational structure.
- 2012 - Introduction of Life Cycle Management software complying with IEC 62304 and Risk Management Process complying with ISO 14971.
- 2015 - Opening of the new expanded facilities of more than 1000 sq.m.s
Company & Employees
Curtis AG is the European Research and Development Center of Curtis Instruments, Inc. and employs 36 people. The products developed by Curtis AG are manufactured in one of our plants in Suzhou (China), Carolina (Puerto Rico) or Sofia (Bulgaria).
Vision & Values
"Make Curtis AG the standard for future power & motion control technology and inspiring collaboration."
Our core values are: Competency – Innovation – Appreciation – Enjoyment – Success
We cooperate with the following companies/institutions
- Technische Fachschule Biel (Internships)
- Berufsbildungscenter (Apprentice training)
- ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften (Student projects)
- Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW (Student projects)